Sunday, November 24, 2013

Yo Mama

"Your mama's so fat that...."

Yep.  I actually encouraged one of my classes to create these on Friday.  It was either a stroke of genius or a horrible mistake.  I'm going with genius.  There really was a method to my madness, though.  I had momentarily run out of good examples of hyperbole (an extreme exaggeration), and was searching for another example or two, when I realized that these obnoxious jokes are the epitome of hyperbole.  Thankfully, I wasn't being observed, because I'm not quite sure how it would have looked on paper..."Teacher encouraged students to make fat jokes about other students' mothers." Hey, at least it was affective!  I had to almost chase this kiddo out of my room.  He didn't want to leave!


Some of the gems I heard were: "Yo mama's so fat that she fell on your TV and made it a flatscreen," and "Yo mama's so dumb, it took her 2 hours to watch 60 minutes."  Precious, aren't they?

Obviously, many things have gone on at school since my last post, but I simply haven't had the time or motivation to post them.  On Friday, several funny things happened, although this one was my favorite (Apologies for the repeat, Facebook friends.): 

During my morning auditorium duty, I asked a little outgoing jock to move away from his friends because he kept hopping seats.  When he was in his assigned seat, I playfully asked him if he was lonely.  Without missing a beat, he started singing, "Nobody knoooowwwwsss the trouble I've seeeen!"

I only wish I was that witty!

-Mrs. Combs

No comments:

Post a Comment