Friday, August 1, 2014

The Phantom Tollbooth: Dodecahedron Activity

This year I will be teaching The Phantom Tollbooth to my Pre-AP classes, and I could not be more excited! I didn't teach it last year because, well, last year was crazy.  I happened to read the book during our MIRP time and LOVED it!  I don't know in which quarter this will happen, but I'm gathering/creating resources already because I'm THAT excited.

One of the characters is not just two faced, he is twelve faced!  Therefore, he is known as the Dodecahedron.



I stumbled onto the following concept on Pinterest and made my own activity for Mr. Dodecahedron.  Can you say cross curricular?  I can see a discussion of the other geometrical affixes happening at some point.  Anyway, here is what I came up with!


(Link to template here)

My example.  The kids will spend more time on theirs than I did on mine :)
Work is so much fun when you can do it at home with coffee and Facebook! Eleven more days until school starts.  Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to send my your template for your dodecahedron? I'm starting The Phantom Tollbooth this week, and I think this would be great for my students when we get to Chapter 14!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bitch u be gay and i someone will prob pee in ur classroom lol. I blood edge the minion (look me up me pretty famous) declare you to be... GAY! HA LOL.

      Delete
  2. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. phantom forces

    ReplyDelete