Saturday, August 24, 2013

My 18 Piece Puzzle

School has only been in session for nine days, and somehow I am already working on my third seating chart for fifth hour.  Making a seating chart is by far one of the most difficult puzzles I have ever tried to complete (I have worked on some doozies before. 1000+ pieces! :).  It's not as easy as "girl, boy, girl, boy, girl" anymore.  Here are few things I have to take into account:

  1. Students who have ADHD and need to be near me at all times
  2. Girls who are hateful to other girls in the class
  3. Boys and girls who are suddenly "discovering" the boys and girls next to them...
  4. Boys who have punched other boys
  5. English language learners who shouldn't be lost in the mix
  6. Good students who become bad students near their friends
  7. Students with less than perfect eyesight
These seven things are why my tiny 18 piece/student puzzle is nearly impossible.  

I'll let you know how it works out on Monday.  If you don't hear from me, call the authorities.

-Mrs. Combs



1 comment:

  1. You are a mess!! Sounds like a very challenging puzzle indeed ... I say you put each student in their own little cubicle so they can only see YOU! Too bad that's not actually an option! Love ya lots ;-) Jealous that you got to see the family today ... hope you had a good time. - Hannah

    ReplyDelete