Tuesday, August 27, 2013

0 for 3

Yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of frustrating the tar out of my students.  We did a group activity that involved listening to instructions, following directions, and cooperating with others.

We went 0 for 3.

The activity required them to listen while I read a story. Based on the words, they would pass a paper "snowball" left and right to the person beside them.  In the end, they were supposed to have their original paper. (Yeah.....right!)  The game wouldn't have worked right if I had repeated any part of the story,  and that drove them crazy. They are so used to being told things OVER and OVER that they failed miserably.  I was smiling ear to ear the whole time.  They finally felt some of my pain! 

Today, "we" took reading assessments in the computer lab.  I'll know all of the scores tomorrow, but I do know that my kiddos' lexiles range from below 4th grade to 12th grade.

Challenge accepted.

-Mrs. Combs

No comments:

Post a Comment