Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just Smiling

This week has felt like a fairly long week, and I think that the kids were feeling it as well.  I had so many grumpy kids today, it was almost depressing.  Fortunately, a few of them were still funny enough to make my day.  

During my fourth hour, my "all things science" kiddo from my last post was being his normal self- teaching us all sorts of science things that we may or may not have ever needed to know.  (He reminds me of Matthew in that he can remember numbers and statistics that most couldn't begin to recall.)  Sometimes it gets to be a bit much, because his hand is ALWAYS raised, but on the other hand, he is my go-to-guy whenever the rest of the class is unresponsive.  

I digress.   

Today we were discussing the difference in facts and opinions. One of the sentences caused my science guy to give us another lesson that involved the way orange juice and toothpaste could affect our enamel (or something along those lines).  Now, I will be honest- I have perfected the 'wide eyes, smile and nod,' and I thought I was getting away with it.  Halfway through his spiel, however, one of my ornery kiddos jumped up, and pointed at me, and said, "You have no idea what he's talking about!  You're just smiling at him!"

Guilty.  

Another situation that made me smile today is actually began yesterday.  I've copied my posts from the last two days that explain it fairly well:
I love my job because I end up smiling 97% of the day.  One of my kiddos is super stoked to go home and see his family's new carpet. He was on the phone with his mom saying, "Don't tell me one SINGLE detail! I want to be surprised!" #presh 
Update: "The carpet is soft but firm. Some of it is shaggy, and some of it is polkadotted." (See yesterday's post 
I am so lucky to get to work with these guys!

-Mrs. Combs

No comments:

Post a Comment