Monday, February 10, 2014

Schizo

Today I noticed one of my super sharp Pre-AP kiddos looking a little down.  He is usually my most outgoing kiddo- very dramatic and likeable.  (Once I let him stand up and teach a 10 minute history lesson to our reading class simply because we had the time and he is hillarious.)  Anyway, I found out that the reason he was bummed was because he was absent the day that kids picked partners for their novel projects.  One option is to write a script and act out a scene with a partner, and this boy was BORN for this project.   But....he was absent, so everyone paired up without him. 
The moment that I told him he could be a one man show was probably one of my favorite teaching moments.   His eyes lit up and I could just see his brain explode.   Not only will he get to be the star of the show, he will BE the show.  I can't wait to see how he represents multiple characters.  He is likely going to try to portray a lizzard, a woman, and a boy, all in the same skit.
Schizo? Maybe. 
Awesome? Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment