Sunday, March 16, 2014

High Tech

I realize that this is my second post of the day, but I'm just so excited about my newfound technology. I'm sure it's been out for a while, but today was my day to discover it! What is this technology, you ask? It's ThingLink: A website that allows you to upload a picture and add interactive elements to it such as text, videos, sound, links etc. It may sound lame, but I'm all about it. My class may not have the most uses for it, BUT I did find a way to use it to my advantage.  Although I feel like I do an adequate job of giving directions and setting expectations, there is always room for improvement.  If expectations are clear, kiddos won't need to ask 100 questions after!   Not to mention, these are things that we are graded on as teachers.

OKTLE11. Teacher gives directions that are clearly stated and relate to the learning objectives. 12. Teacher demonstrates / models the desired skill or process. 

Using an example of a genre assignment that one of my kiddos completed earlier this year, I've created a great way to be able to show my kids next year EXACTLY the kind of work I'm looking for.  In some cases, it might even be helpful to create examples of unacceptable work (in writing, possibly?).  If you follow the link below, you'll be able to interact with the picture.


It's so simple, yet so great.  If I were to ever teach high school, I would probably create a few of these and let them explore them themselves- maybe as a checklist for the format of a paper....Did you indent?  Is your heading correct?  Font size?  See where I'm going with this??


-Mrs. Combs

No comments:

Post a Comment