Saturday, May 17, 2014

Countdown to Summer!

School's [almost] out for the summer!  Only 5 days remain, which is truly insane.  I can't believe my first year is coming to a close.  I'm now in the awkard position of needing to finish strong, but wanting to plan for next year.  I've learned so much throughout the year that I want to create and implement the new procedures and lessons NOW!  For now, however,  we must finish our book report mosaics.  (They should look super sweet when they are complete!)

One thing I'm excited about is the possibility of using interactive notebooks.  There are many ways to use them, and they require a lot of time and prep, but I think I'm up for the challenge. My kids never found a solid way to take and retain notes (I blame the locker monster), so this method should help.  Plus, they will get to color, glue, and create, which is way more fun than regular notetaking.

In other news, Maniac Monday turned into Maniac Monday/Wednesday.  Halfway through 3rd hour, we started getting rained on. We toughed it out for 20 minutes, but finally "called it" and went back in.  Unfortunately I had to teach the last 2 hours of the day in soaking wet jeans and a tee shirt, hair tied up.  According to the words of a student: "You don't look like like a teacher, Mrs. Combs."  Classroom management becomes more difficult when you don't look the part.  Thankfully Wednesday was beautiful and we were able to get back outside and have some fun.  Wish I could post pictures!

Here's to a smooth last week and zero goodbye tears!  (Yeah right...)

-Mrs. Combs

No comments:

Post a Comment