Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Twerking 101

Good golly, I have some of the funniest kids on the planet.  Sometimes they intend to be funny, but other times they are completely oblivious.  Today I got to see a lot of both!

My Pre-AP class has finished Holes, and we are working on our end of novel projects.  I decided to let them have a little fun, and am having them use ToonDoo.com to make comic strips of certain scenes from the book.  It forces them to summarize rather than tell the story word for word.

I was honestly a little worried about starting the project today because with all of our computer issues, I just knew I'd be juggling incorrect logins and missing passwords in addition to the "I'm-raising-my-hand-because-I-like-to-hear-myself-talk" questions.  Fortunately, everything went smoothly!  

ToonDoo is an intense program with lots of options for editing characters. During the first hour of the block, I let them play around on the program to get use to it.  They were free to make whatever they wanted.  (Appropriately, of course.)  Watching them play with characters and change their bodies, faces, expressions, etc. was hilarious!  I saw some WEIRD creations.  Honestly, I think some of the kids are disturbed.  Every 30 seconds another kiddo was calling me over to look at their half baby/half demon or their incredibly fat dancing man. (Told you they were weird!)  We basically played and laughed for an hour.  I didn't think one girl was going to survive her laugh attack (inspired by a fat, pirate, demon baby)!  My favorite part of the day, however, was when I caught some girlies making some not-so-school appropriate cartoons.  I wish I could say I didn't laugh and take a picture...buuuut....I did.  Later on, I searched for them and found clear images for your viewing pleasure!

Hitler is apparently NOT a fan of twerking...
Even the Pope twerks!
Best. Day. Ever! I can't wait to show you the ACTUAL projects that they complete.  You know, the ones sans twerking.

Oh, and in case you were wondering why we have to learn to spell, I've finally nailed down the answer.

This.  This is why!
-Mrs. Combs




No comments:

Post a Comment